The Baron Drachenheim and His *DELETED* Ladies.
Tuttenberg was first built to ferry supplies out to a cannon emplacement in the center of the Rotstrom. When the emplacement was decommissioned, the bridge remained, and today it handles heavy traffic back and forth across the river. The south end lies directly between the Stein and City Hall, and is closely monitored by the Guard.
The bridge is named after Albert Tuttenberg, a commander of the island cannon who foiled a pirate raid in 1478. The pirates had bribed a guard to allow them access to the fort. Albert was on night watch at the cannon when their ship sailed up; he saw the gates of the fort opening for them and knew that the fortress was being betrayed. He loaded a triple charge into the nearest cannon and opened fire. The overpowered blast sank the ship and all aboard, but also detonated the cannon, killing him instantly. The bridge was renamed in his honor and a statue erected on the cannon's emplacement.
History has clouded Tuttenberg's true nature, however. He was a disgrace, an alcoholic lout despised by almost every member of the fort. His commander assigned him to the island to keep him out of trouble, and Tuttenberg had just polished off a bottle of rum when the ship pulled up that fateful night. Afterward his commander was surprised, not that he overloaded the cannon, but that he aimed and fired is with such accuracy. He chose to keep Tuttenberg's true nature a secret, and today the alcoholic lout is a civic hero.